Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Two National Pet Stores Pulling China-Made Treats

 

Two major national pet stores are pulling all dog and cat treats made in China off of their shelves as years of complaints to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration pile up that jerky treats from China were possibly making pets sick.

Vice President of Merchandising for Petco John Sturm said they are voluntarily removing these products after consumers voiced concerns.

Another major pet food retailer, PetSmart, is pulling Chinese-made jerky treats from its stores in the U.S. and Canada.

The treats have been linked to more than 1,000 dog deaths and nearly 5,000 other pet illnesses.

The FDA said it's still working to determine the exact causes of the illnesses.

While the products won't actually disappear from PetSmart shelves until March of 2015, Petco plans to pull the products by the end of this year.



6 comments:

  1. My wife and I buy our cat, Kevin, this kind of pet jerky! No wonder Kevin has been acting so weird lately, the treats are making him sick! I was guessing that it could be something he was eating so it's good that I looked it up! I don't know what we would have done if it would have gotten worse! http://www.grovesvetclinic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids and I have tried to make treats for our dogs a few different times. I think that it would be fun to learn how to make them properly. Would anyone happen to know of an animal hospital in Colorado Springs, CO that we could learn from? http://www.polosprings.com/hospital-services/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've curious to see what it would take to work at a animal hospital, and this helped a ton. It's unreal to see the amazing thins that these people do for our pets. I'm excited to learn more and see if it's something that I want to pursue.

    http://richmondanimalhospital.ca/about-us/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a new Daschund Puppy. I have no idea about when they get their shots and such. I think I will stop into the local animal hospital to start the establishing relationship with a vet.

    bryanflake1984| http://www.marcumroadvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bryan, all animals that you get as pets usually get shots. I've had a few pets over the years and all of them got shots. That's why it's always a good ideato know where an animal hospital is.
    -Seamus | http://www.ncacofnaples.com/site/view/125369_AboutUs.pml

    ReplyDelete

  6. Nice blog ! all all the images and contents are very good.!!all the information are available!!! GE 12L

    ReplyDelete